Child Support and Fiscal Emergencies

Child Support and Fiscal Emergencies
An emergency situation may make it difficult for someone to pay child support on time for a month, or even two, but when it it happens long enough for tens of thousands of dollars to be owed, the state may take action. They may even arrest the deadbeat parent for non-payment.

The child support enforcement agency in North Carolina proudly talked about an arrest they made. They set the bail bond amount of the man they arrested to the exact amount of child support owed. Clearly, North Carolina is not happy with this individual.

If a child support case goes this far and you’re wondering about how you will get your cash, you should speak with DCS immediately to find out what actions they are taking. You may also want to speak with a family lawyer about the situation to understand the law and what you can do to force further action. All parents must pull their weight to take care of their children. Don’t let a deadbeat take advantage of you. It’s not good for your children or for you.

If you have family law questions and you live in the state of Washington, call Elise Buie Family Law Group, PLLC today. We can help.


Subscribe to our newsletters

Subscribe to one or more of our newsletters, delivering meaningful insight on topics that matter to you and your family.
ebl home subscribe image


Latest Blog Posts

If you and your partner reside in Washington state and are unmarried, you each might qualify for the legal protections availed to you by law by classifying your relationship as a committed intimate relationship.

One of the greatest gifts you can give your family is to build an estate plan while you are alive and well. Estate planning allows you to formally communicate your wishes so they will not be up for interpretation by…

A co-executor can help facilitate the distribution of assets, minimize conflicts, and provide much-needed support to grieving families.

The law makes it easy for people to get out of bad marriages. Washington, like most states, acknowledges no-fault divorce. This means that if you want a court to dissolve your marriage, all you have to do is file for…

Washington state’s laws on non-marital relationships, including committed intimate relationships (CIRs), can be convoluted, especially in the absence of a cohabitation agreement. Given the ambiguity that exists for unmarried partners in Washington state, thinking about the future and what it could look like is more important than ever. This is especially true in terms of aging, incapacity, and death. Fortunately, you can address each of these issues in a comprehensive estate plan.

Prenups and postnups can strengthen a marriage, given how they require relationship partners to put their cards on the table for each other to see, offering transparency and peace of mind. Despite their similarities, there are a few significant differences between the two.

Child support is one of the most contentious issues in divorce cases where parties have minor children. Even though Washington state law uses the same complex mathematical formula to determine the amount of child support for each child, there is…

Family law and estate planning often intersect. This is particularly true when contemplating divorce, remarriage, or blending families.

At some point during your divorce case, friends and family members whose own marriages ended in divorce probably told you that it gets better, and it does. Of course, from your perspective, getting out of a bad marriage might be…

Co-parenting over a long distance when you are a non-residential parent does not have to equate to sacrificing involvement in your children’s lives. But it likely does mean you will have to make tweaks in your communication and parenting style to accommodate the new living arrangement.